Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Innovator vs. Qualitative Scholar


I've been doing a lot of reading from educational journals and textbooks. That reading can sometimes be kind of dry, so I really appreciate how author Michael Quinn Patton writes in an informal style and includes a lot of parables, jokes and cartoons.

This comic is inspired by one of Halcolm's Law's of Inquiry. Halcolm is a fictional sage-like character created by Patton, a qualitative research expert. The cartoon guy standing next to "cartoon me" is how I picture this character.

This cartoon illustrates how there's a lot more involved in doing research than you might think at first!

5 comments:

Ben Villarreal said...

This is really cool. And it inspires me to quick stalling online and finish my conference paper :-)

Paul Bozzo said...

Fun, fun, funny! I like how the researcher becomes multiple images. Your "final" solution is perfect.

paula g. said...

This is great,a brilliant visual for what is quite a difficult concept!!!

lillisoz said...

This is a wonderful funny visualization of the qualitative research concepts - thanks a lot! I will reblog it soon on my blog (in german)

->zwischenstuehlen.wordpress.com/

lillisoz said...

A wonderful funny visualization of the qualitative resarch concepts...! Thanks a lot - I sure will reblog it soon on my own (german) blog.
-> zwischenstuehlen.wordpress.com/