Saturday, May 9, 2009

Robotics Competition

Today I got to see a robotics competition that my son Daniel's team was competing in. Since my son David will be in ninth grade next year, he got to go too, and was able to have a turn maneuvering the robot.
Each year, the robotics team is given a specific challenge and a limitted time to complete the robot according to the specifications. All the teams compete against one another. This year, the robot had to move around and scoop up balls and then try to put them in the carts being pulled by opponents' robots.
David (above)
Daniel (above)

Usually the competitions are in faraway places, so this is the first one I got to see. It was smaller in scale than the major events, but I was still very impressed with what these kids can do with the help of their mentors.

No comments: