Thursday, March 26, 2009

If I were in Georgia, I'd go to this!

I can't make it, but one of my comics will be in the anthology book made just for the show.

FLUKE is a mini-comic festival that has been organized by Athens-area comic artists, underground publishers and their enthusiasts since 2002. Conceived as a venue for the discussion and exchange of timely ideas related to mini-comics, zines, and other independent publications. The organizers say,

FLUKE is not a large comic convention or merchandising-saturated extravaganza. This isn't to say we don't like our share of stuff--'cause we do. However, we have kept the organization of the event as simple as possible to ensure that it remains focused on work and ideas rather than merchandising.
FLUKE is in Athens Georgia on Saturday April 4th and opens at 11:00 AM and closes by 6 PM. It will be held upstairs at Tasty World and the admission is $5.00.

1 comment:

Josh Blair said...

Me too. My friend, and Candy or Medicine contributor, Shannon Smith will be there, and he will have copies of Candy or Medicine on hand. I'll have to pick up a copy of the anthology when it goes on sale online.