Thursday, September 13, 2007

Comics in the Classroom


I got a call from someone who saw my website Tuesday -- from the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockridge, Massachusetts! It's come to their attention that I've done some workshops on the use of comics to teach in elementary schools. They've invited me to present at their Educator's Symposium in January. This is in conjunction with an exhibit they're having on the Art of the Graphic Novel. My presentation will probably be on how I use comics in my classes to integrate art with writing and reading and the use of the literary devices of hyperbole, alliteration and onomatopoeia.

This is a huge thrill for me. I've always wanted to see this Museum, and this particular exhibit sounds like it's right up my alley.

In a similar vein, I'll be presenting on this topic at the National Conference of Teachers of English in New York City in November.

No comments: